Unit I : Differential Calculus-I
• Successive Differentiation, Expansion of Functions of one Variable • Asymptotes, Curvature and Curve Tracing.
Unit II : Differential Calculus-II
• Partial Differentiation • Expansion of Functions of Several Variables and Jacobians • Applications of Partial Differentiation.
Unit III : Multiple Integrals
• Double Integration and Change of Order of Integration • Triple Integrals and Applications to Area and Volume • Beta and Gamma Functions, Dirichlet’s Integral.
Unit IV : Vector Calculus
• Vector Differentiation • Vector Integration.
Unit V : Matrices
• Matrices—Elementary Operations and Rank of a Matrix • Linear Dependence of Vectors and Consistency of Equations • Eigen Values, Eigen Vectors, Diagonalising a Matrix and Complex Matrix• Short Answer Type Questions
• Answers and Hints to Exercises
• Examination Papers