Section I: Preliminaries and Principles of Electromechanical Energy Conversion
• Magnetic Circuits and Induction • AC Circuit • Principles of Electromechanical Energy Conversion • Basic Concepts of Rotating Electrical Machines.
Section II: DC Machines
• Construction of DC Machines • Armature Reaction and Commutation in DC Machines • Operating Characteristics and Application of DC Generators • Parallel Operation of DC Generators • Operating Characteristics and Applications of DC Motors • Speed Control, Starting and Braking of DC Motors • Losses, Testing and Maintenance of DC Machines.
Section III: Transformers
• Single-Phase Transformers • Three-Phase Transformers
Section IV: Synchronous Machines
• Synchronous Generators or Alternators • Synchronous Motors
Section V: Three-Phase Induction Motors Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Special Electrical Machines
• Construction, Theory and Operation of Three-Phase Induction Motors • Starting, Speed Control and Braking of Three-Phase Induction Motors • Fractional Kilowatt Motors • Special Electrical Machines
Section VI: Electronic Control of Electric Motors and Objective Questions
• Electronic Control of Electric Motors
• Objective Type Questions with Answers • Appendices • Index.